Here it goes! Since I got my hair short, requests have been coming in from you lovely guys on how I do my curly hairstyle. Let it be known, that I am not a perfectionist with my hair - I'm the girl who only a few weeks back, cut my hair with paper scissors in frustration over two cancelled hairdresser appointments. Two days later I trotted up at a salon in Brick Ln. with one side
stylishly longer than the other and my broken dreams of taking a career jump into hairdressing. Defeat…
Lastly, before we get on with it I must warn you, that I am with my hair the same way I am with my sun tanning. The front is the only thing I see, therefor the only thing that counts. I really need to care more.
1. Prep hair with heat protection spray. I use Wella's Thermal Image spray.
2. Brush through. Brush, brush, brush!
3. Start winging it with a hot styler. I never know what I'm doing, but what I did here, was take a small section of hair, close the hot styler around it, and turn the hot styler 360 degrees and pull through - this will create a ringlet styled curl.
4. TIP: Some I do more perfect than others to create more diversity. Also, I mix it up in terms of whether the curls turn towards or away from my face, but a good way to do it is let every second curl turn towards the face, and every second turn away. The ones framing my face, I tend to turn away from my face.
5. Now mess it up with your fingers and add hairspray if you like!
I find that this hairstyle always looks better on me the day after - you can see what that looks like right here. I really like soft waves in shoulder length hair with a hint of bed-head to it.
I REALLY HOPE YOU LIKED THE VIDEO AND TUTORIAL!